Using Sand Tray in Art Therapy April 27th, 2019
During this training, participants will explore concepts, set up, supplies, themes, and history of Sand tray. This training will cover the stages of sand tray, developmental issues, and approaches to a variety of treatment populations. Each participant will be able to complete a group and individual sand tray to explore the possibilities.
- Participants will be able to identify 4 historical Sand Tray theorists.
- Participants will be able to identify the stages of Sand Tray work.
- Participants will complete one individual and one group Sand Tray experience.
Jane Seelig, MA, LPC, ATR-BC, CPT-S
Jane has over 29 years of experience working as an art therapist, including extensive experience working with mental health in psychiatric facilities. Jane is a Certified Supervisor of Child Psychotherapists and Play Therapists, and has been doing sand tray work with clients for over 18 years. Jane is an Adjunct Professor teaching art therapy at both Webster University and Washington University: The George Warren Brown School of Social Work.
Participants are encouraged to bring snacks, comfortable clothes, a camera, a journal, and a sense of wonder!
- MATA Members: $35 (use code: MEMBER at checkout)
- Non-MATA Members: $45
- Students: $20 (use code: STUDENT at checkout)